Merry Christmas! I’m sparing you any commentary on this recipe! It’s very easy to make and it’s super tasty and that’s all you need to know! Enjoy!
- (2) 8 oz. packages of cream cheese softened (I leave mine out on the counter overnight)
- 1/2 package of Taco Seasoning (any brand)
- 3/4 a small can of sliced black olives (chopped into tiny pieces)
- 1 bunch of chives, chopped (you could also use scallions or regular onion)
- 1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- Pomegranate arils
- 1 large bunch of fresh dill
- 2 pkgs fresh rosemary
- In a large glass bowl, combine all ingredients but the chips and stem. (I usually microwave the mixture for about 20-30 seconds to soften everything to make it easier.)
- Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap, wrap it up and start to form a ball. At this point, if can, begin to form it into a tree as best you can.
- Place your newly formed tree/ball into the refrigerator for an hour.
- Once chilled, make the final touches on the tree shape. Place back in the fridge while you ready your decorations.
- Finely chop the dill.
- Cut and de-seed the bell peppers. Cut out your decorations of choice. If you don’t have mini cookie cutters, you can still trace a star and cut it out or make your own shapes.
- Get busy having fun.
- I like to top the tree with the star first, then press on the dill, then press in the stars and pomegranate arils. Sometimes it helps to make a little hole with a toothpick to hold the Arils in place.
- Cut the rosemary into 2″ segments and arrange it beneath your tree and then sprinkle on the leftover Pomegranate arils.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
Who would be the person in your family who would dig into this first?