You’re welcome! I’m not going to make you read a lengthy blah-blah blog about turkey’s and their meat and why ground turkey is a great protein that can often be dry.
Nope. Instead I will just say this recipe is fabulous, flavorful and MOIST, not dry. The grated zucchini really does the trick and you don’t even know it’s there. It just quietly does it’s job. (Thank you, zucchini.)
If you’re in the mood, you can roll these into meatballs and serve them over zoodles, but we’re not here for that today, are we!
- 1.5 Lb. ground turkey (ground chicken works, too)
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 3 or 4 large limes (zest and juice)
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 bunch of fresh chives, chopped (more if you love chives)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce (skip it if you’re watching your sodium intake)
- 3 Tbsp Chili Lime Seasoning (use your favorite)
- 2 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp each, salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter (use REAL butter or I will come to your door and chastise you)
- 2-3 Tbsp Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all ingredients except the butter and 21 Season Salute. Form 12 burgers.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slather each burger with butter and sprinkle with the 21 Seasoning Salute.
- Broil 2 minutes to brown.