For those who asked for my recipe, it’s below. Truly this is one of my favorite things to make for dinner. It’s one of those recipes that just gets better the longer it sits, so I usually make double so I have some to take for lunch the following day.
There are two things I like to serve it over. The first is cauliflower fried rice which is basically just fried rice subbing riced cauliflower for actual rice. Use your favorite recipe or click here for mine. The other thing that is absolutely insanely delicious is green rice, which is basically rice made with a whole lot of green herbs (think cilantro, parsley, spinach) combined with other things like Poblano and jalapeno peppers and onions that have been pulverized and blended with liquid until smooth. (I will post that recipe soon.)
Until then, enjoy and if you try this recipe, please let me know how you liked it!
Bobbe’s Asian Inspired Turkey/Pork Meatballs (Makes about 14 meatballs)
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 lb ground turkey
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of one lime (or 3 Tbsp.)
- ½ c. fresh cilantro finely chopped (use more if you love cilantro like I do!)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chives finely chopped
- 2-3 Tbsp. freshly ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp. finely diced garlic
- 1 small red onion finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. Toasted Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ C. Panko bread crumbs Use what you like. Regular bread crumbs work as well as crushed pork rinds (keto)
- Salt & fresh ground pepper
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well by hand.
- Form the meat into 1.5” balls (or whatever size you like)
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until juices run clear
Meatball Drizzle Ingredients:
- 2 ½ C. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 C. Soy sauce
- ½ C. brown sugar
- ½ C. honey
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ground ginger
- 1 Tbsp. fresh garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Put all ingredients into a small saucepan
- Stir well to combine
- Bring to boil. Stir until brown sugar melts.
- Reduce to simmer
- Simmer until reduced by at least half.
- Drizzle over meatballs.